6.28.2013

Home

Our humble abode was featured on A Beautiful Mess earlier today. I've been following the blog for years and I just love their "At Home With..." series, so when Katie of Skunkboy Creatures asked me if I would share a few photos of our space I was very happy to do so. It was nice to have reason to tidy up a bit. It doesn't always look this serene, trust me. I also just really wanted to take a few photos of the house before we move, which will be happening later this summer. We've grown to love this place and in just two years we've made so many memories here. Leaving it won't be easy. You can read more about our living/dining room in the article HERE. If you've already done so, I really enjoyed reading all the kind comments. Thank you! There have been a number of questions regarding certain items and colours in the house, I'll try my best to answer them at the bottom of this post. I'll also share a few photos of our bedroom, just because. I feel so incredibly lucky to have this home. We're safe and cozy here. Certainly not something to be taken for granted. Enjoy the tour, friends!



Couch- Ikea

Crochet circle cushion- Emma Lamb

Dining room table- Ikea

Dining chairs- Nood

Record player- Urban Outfitters

Chevron baby blanket- Yarning Made

Desk- 29 Armstrong

Custom floral portrait print- Rifle Paper Co

Living/dining room paint colour- BEHR Granite Boulder #790D-4

Knit pouf- Simons

Floor lamp-CB2

Candy buttons-Andie's Specialty Sweets

Castle toy- The Land of Nod

Honeycomb shelves- Handmade Riot

Play teepee- Moozle Home

Heart print- Banquet Atelier & workshop


If you're interested in seeing more of our house, you can sneak a peek into Casper's nursery HERE.

16 comments:

  1. divine home!!

    http://twolittleknightlights.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that couch. Is it the Kivik in Teno light gray? Do you find it very comfortable?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is! It get's really soft after it's worked in a bit. We love it.

      Delete
    2. thanks for the reply! your home is lovely.

      Delete
  3. I found your blog via A Beautiful Mess and was pleasantly surprised to see you're from also from Edmonton! I'm not sure why this is so exciting to me, but maybe it's because I'm used to reading blogs with beautiful things in beautiful spaces all happening in other cities. Anyway, your blog is lovely :) enjoy the sunny weather this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your house has such a peaceful serene feel to it! I absolutely love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! I found your blog through a blog through a blog...

    I'm most fascinated with the bee tumbler on your living room table. Can you tell me anything about it?

    Thank you so much!

    Very pretty home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thank you:)

      It's actually a candle made by Paddywax. I've had it for a few years now, so I'm not sure if they still make it.

      Delete
  6. Your home is gorgeous! I love all of the charming, unique details! And the windows in your living/dining room are amazing! I love a space that is full of light!!

    I saw on A Beautiful Mess that you live in Alberta. My mom, sister & I had plans to travel there this summer, but we were unable to... Then I heard about all of the flooding, so sad. We still hope to come there some day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the details of your home--it is precious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautiful! I first saw this on a beautiful mess and have been thinking about it ever since! I love your simplicity, and attention to detail. And your little boys are pretty cute too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi there, your house is lovely. I am particularly interested in your floor, could you tell me where you sourced it from? I live in London, so I am sure I couldn't get it here, but you never know! many thanks

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm new to your blog, but I just love your house.
    It has such an easy, lived in look and feel.
    Makes me want to start from scratch with my own!

    ReplyDelete
  11. the blog is great. I love keep reading it

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your house seems really cozy. Love your media console table and the vinyl records on it. Where did you find it?

    ReplyDelete